The best pizza you’ll ever make
Homemade pizza dough is very easy to make and tastes so much better than getting one delivered.
Your homemade pizza also won’t break the bank and works great for families on a budget too.
It can feed your whole family and can easily be adjusted to the amount you need.
Of course you can also just make enough dough for a small personal pizza or some delicious pizza garlic knots.
What you need: (enough for 6 round pizzas or two sheets)
For the homemade pizza dough:
17 oz or 2 cups Warm water (Not hot!)
2 lbs or 4 cups Flour
2 tbsp Yeast
1 tbsp Oil
1 tbsp Salt
For the Pizza sauce:
1 can of tomato sauce
Spices (salt, pepper, paprika, italian mix)
How it works:
- Make sure the water you have is warm but not hot.
- Mix the yeast with the warm water. Add oil, salt and a few grains of sugar.
- Add the flour and mix everything really good.
- If the homemade pizza dough feels too sticky add more flour. Once you mixed everything together make sure you have clean hands and start kneading the dough for about 2-5 minutes to make it really good.
- Let the dough rise. The longer the better, you could let it rise all night in the fridge or at least 30 minutes at room temperature before making the pizza.
- Start heating up the oven on at least 450 F. If you use a higher temperature the pizza will be done faster. I have a oven with speed bake option and use this at 450 F.
- I like to use a piece of parchment paper to roll the pizza out on. Sprinkle some flour on the paper and set the dough on top of it. Sprinkle some flour on top of the dough also and your rolling pin. Roll the pizza to your liking of thickness. (Thicker pizza takes longer!) If you want to have a nice crust roll the dough up on the edges. You could even roll in cheese stick for a cheesy crust.
- Combine the Tomato sauce with spices and add a bit of oil. Spread evenly on the pizza.
- Add cheese and whatever ingredients you want on you pizza (pepperoni, tuna, bell peppers, italian sausage…) and top it off with some more cheese.
- Bake at 450F for 25-30 minutes (Check the pizza on the bottom so it is not getting too dark)
- Enjoy your homemade pizza!
This could be a fun activity for the whole family or a good idea for a date night at home cooking.
Do you need ways to keep your kid entertained while working from home? Get access to my free printable library with over 200 pages of fun worksheets, coloring pages and craft projects.