Homemade bolognese sauce recipe
This bolognese sauce recipe is super easy to make and so delicious.
I learned how to cook it from my mom and my husband absolutely loves it.
When I was a child and my mom cooked this sauce with spaghetti the whole house would always smell so good.
Even now when we visit everybody is excited about this meal.
What you need:
1 lb ground beef
1 tbsp Flour
1 small Stick of Celery
1 Cup Chicken Broth
1/2 – 1 Can of Tomato paste
Pepper, Salt, Paprika powder, Garlic powder
Optional – diced tomatoes
How to prepare
- Brown the beef in a large skillet pan with a bit of oil. Cut the onion in small quarters.
Once the meat is brown, sprinkle the flour over the meat and add the cut onion.
The flour should soak up all the fat and coat the meat. It will make the sauce creamy.
- Cut the celery in small pieces and add it to the meat and onions.
Add chicken broth and tomato paste.
You can either add 1/2 can or a whole can depending on your taste.
- Add spices to your taste and fill it up with a bit more water.
Take it slow on the spices, if anything you can add more right before it’s done.
You can also add more water later if you need to.
- Let everything simmer on low for at least 30-45 Minutes.
The longer the better!
- Taste and add more spices if needed.
Add more water if needed and let simmer for another few minutes.
- Optional you can add a small can of diced tomatoes to the sauce to make it even more delicious.
- Enjoy with noodles of your choice.
This bolognese sauce is a good base for Lasagna too.
If you want to make lasagna with it add a bit more water.
You can easily double the amount of bolognese sauce and freeze some for later for a even quicker meal.
We are two adults and a toddler and always have leftovers with that amount of ingredients.
In this video you can see how the sauce is made and used in a lasagna.
Do you need ways to keep your kid entertained while working from home? Get access to my free printable library with over 200 pages of fun worksheets, coloring pages and craft projects.